Hi there! Welcome! I’m glad you stopped by!
This is my personal blog. I started out writing on books I read, past and present travels, lessons I’ve learned from studying the Bible. But lately I’ve focused more on life after divorce, single-parenting, and prayer. I typically post one to two times a week.
My goal is to create insightful, relevant content that would help you on your life’s journey; to see that there is life past devastation – I am living proof of that. My life’s motto is:
“Life isn’t about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain.”
So who am I?
I’ve heard many things said about me. But no other word is more used to describe me than “different.” Here are a few things about me that make me different (in no particular order):
- I have lived on three continents, have traveled to more than 25 countries.
- The place I would love to live some day would be either London or Rome.
- I speak three languages fluently, but all with an accent.
- I don’t like chocolate. Yup, that’s true! Maybe, just maybe a tiny little bit of the darkest of darkest chocolates… And I have to admit, once in a blue moon you’ll see me eat a little piece of Toblerone.
- I overuse the exclamation mark!!!
- I love, love, love books. They’re everywhere in my house. I even sleep with books in my bed.
- I won’t buy and I won’t read a book that doesn’t smell good. I guess that explains my “addiction” to printing ink (big grin here!)
- My favorite color is green. But then I also love purple and yellow and all shades of pink and red. Why settle on just one when there are so many other pretty colors?
- I’ve been single for almost 20 years. It’s been one long, at times awkward or even ugly, at other times beautiful dance in the rain.
- My faith has made the biggest difference in my life. God is very real to me. He has given purpose to my life, and my dance in the rain has become more and more about God and what He has done in my life.
- I volunteer at my home church, North Kildonan MB Church, facilitating GriefShare and Single & Parenting classes. I’m also the administrator for the Winnipeg Film Festival
This is my personal blog. The opinions I express here do not necessarily represent those of my employer, Duha Group. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information of any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.