It seems my to-do list stretches miles and miles long. It’s all in my head. I can’t seem to get it in order. I struggle to make sense of it. I need clarity. I can’t go on with this mess in my head.
Ever been there? Do you want to know what helped me over and over again to gain clarity and clean up my mess?
- Write. It. Down. This is huge! It’s like a release button is pushed in my brain once I put one item after another on paper.
- Organize your list. It helps me to see what needs to be done in each category.
- Group chores. It helps to have a strategy to avoid repeats and reduce waste of time to a minimum.
- Prioritize. Decide what you’ll do first, second etc.
- Assign responsibilities. If you have someone to help you, enjoy this bonus!
- Set deadlines. Never underestimate this one. “Some day” is not a deadline.
- PRAY. Bend your knees and present your list to your Heavenly Father. Ask Him to for strength to see these chores through. He will not disappoint you.
Don’t worry about anything;
instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need,
and thank Him for all He has done.
Philippians 4:6 (New Living Translation)
Here’s a song to start you in your prayer. At the end, add your own requests.