As I said in my previous blog post, I did some sewing and knitting over the holidays. So here are a few pictures of it.
This quilt I had started in summer but had not been able to finish it since I ran out of fabric. But now it’s done and one of my nieces will be enjoying it.
Then I made another quilt from a Jelly Roll by Moda for another niece. I called it a prayer quilt, since I was praying for her while I sewed it.
And then I finally got the courage to tackle “patch socks” and a with it came a boomerang heel. The first pair of socks I got only one row of patches knit. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out how to add a row of patches once the heel was done. I tried a few times, but then gave up and just simply knit it with colorful yarn. I like this yarn very much, it makes its own pattern. These yarn manufacturers are really smart when they dye the yarn.
This boomerang heel is not my favorite yet. But I’m still working on it. Once this first pair was done, I couldn’t stop thinking about how to start patches again, once the heel was done. So one night a light bulb went on in my head, and all of a sudden it was very clear. I couldn’t wait to start another pair and try it out. Well, the patches worked out fine, but the heel got worse. Here it is…
I’m not quite finished with this pair. I guess I’ll have to do a third pair and hopefully that will fix the heel issue. I know how to do the “traditional” heel, but it bugs me that I haven’t been able to get this one right.
Here is another look at the patches…